Valid May 2018 until superseded
At Neko we are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
We do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
As part of the collection of information about our business prospects and clients we may also collect some personal information from you.
We may collect and store personal information which we receive when:
- You visit our premises
- We visit your premises
- You use our services or purchase our products
- You subscribe to our newsletter or other Neko publications
- You use a Neko website
- You interact with us on social media
- You contact us by electronic means
We may collect the following basic identification and contact information
- Your name and email address
- Your future communication preferences
- Your IP address
- Other personal information that you voluntarily provide.
This information is used to:
- Answer your enquiries
- Provide you with services that you request from us
- Process payments for our services
- Verify your identity for security purposes
- Help make our website as useful to you as possible
- Allow you to interact with us using social media
- Deliver newsletters, advertisements of services, events and offers that might be of interest you, but only where you have provided express consent
- Meet our legal obligations
Keeping you informed of our services, events and offers
- Our website and social media keep you informed of some of our news, events and services.
- We are able to share further news, offers, details of events and services if you ask us to. We will stay in touch by email, post SMS or telephone but only where and how you have consented to us doing so.
- When you consent for us to stay in touch, you may opt out at a later date by contacting us using the form on our website. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. We will remove you from our mailing lists as soon as is reasonably possible.
- If you haven’t asked us to stay in touch, we may still need to send you service-related messages from time to time.
If you are a customer of Neko
- If you are a client contact, we rely on our legitimate interests as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are to keep you informed of our services and the information about our business we reasonably consider might be of interest to you. This will be limited to information sent to you by email to your email address and with every communication you will be given a clear and straightforward option to opt out of further communications and to ask us to delete the personal information we hold about you.
- We have considered the risk of harm to your privacy rights and to your data security and have concluded that the risk is minimal given:
- the type of data (your contact details) that we process for this purpose,
- the method, volume and content of the communications that we might send to you (occasional emails related to information about Neko’s services that we believe are relevant to you and
- your right to opt out of further communications and ask us to delete your information from our records at any time.
Information volunteered by you
- For example a personal profile, survey, or job application form submitted to Neko, this information will be used exclusively for the purpose for which you have provided it.
- Information is disclosed to third parties only where the third party concerned is directly involved with Neko in this aspect of our business activity and then only with your express permission.
- This is information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as in relation to your application to partner with us or purchase our goods or services. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you and any partner business of yours to reciprocate this policy.
Disclosure to Government and their agencies.
- We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
- At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
Visiting our website
- Your domain name and email address are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded.
- This information is used:
- in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
- to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- to tell you about other of our services.
- We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
- We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies we collect
We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website.
Google Analytics stores IP address anonymously on its servers in the US, and neither CIVIC or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.
These cookies enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to the site, and to track the pages that you visit during your session.